Do you need help with how to teach phonics for r-controlled vowel sounds? This r-controlled vowel phonics lesson powerpoint will help to show you how to teach phonics step by step for the eer sound.
Over 450 slides are included with a range of phonics activities with eer sound words and sentences including words with eer words.
This explicit phonics lesson powerpoint is designed for Year 1, 2 or 3 students.
This PowerPoint will also be included in a bundle with other r-controlled phonemes. It contains everything that you need for teaching r-controlled vowels.
Each Powerpoint contains a learning progression that includes:
- Introduction to metalanguage (including phoneme, grapheme, digraph, split digraph, trigraph, quadgraph, long vowel, short vowel)
- Interactive activities (spin a sound, thumbs up/thumbs down, which spelling looks correct?)
- Word blending using all the main spelling options for the /eer/ phoneme
- Find the pattern- discover when to use different /eer/ graphemes
- High-frequency word focus (heart words)
- Decodable sentences (using the target phoneme and high-frequency words)
- Find the missing sound- select the correct grapheme choice
- Phoneme Boxes- segmenting words into each sound
- Trash or Treasure- real and nonsense decodable words
- Sentence Doctor- edit the sentences to fix the spelling mistakes
These slideshows can be inserted into any synthetic phonics program. You can cut/paste slides to suit your lesson needs. Each slideshow is designed to be used over a few weeks to introduce, teach and reinforce each set of sounds. Students use whiteboards to record sounds, words and sentences and more.
There is a hyperlinked Contents Slide which helps you to easily navigate to each section. Each slide also contains a Home button to return you to the Contents.