Phonological Awareness Tub
- Instant digital download
Create a tub of objects that can be used to practise a wide range of phonological and phonemic awareness skills (and numeracy skills as well). Collect objects and group into collections based around a 4-5 sounds.
Ideas for objects could include:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Animals (mini toys, foam cut outs etc)
- Glass, wooden and plastic beads in the shape of objects
- Fake leaves and flowers
- Party supplies e.g. paper umbrella, balloon, candle
- Mini versions of objects e.g. mirror, sponge, cloths
- Mini eggs
- Mini toys e.g. plane, action figures, dolls, teddies
Cut the corresponding letters for those sounds as well as a set of numeral cards and place into a bag with the objects.
For more Kindergarten phonics resources, check out the Phonics categories