This interactive phonics PowerPoint will help you to teach diphthong sounds through the use of interactive phonics activities. These oy sound phonics lessons will help you to explicitly teach phonics step by step for the oy phoneme.
Over 400 slides are included with a range of phonics activities with oi sound words and decodable sentences including words with oy words. It will help to support your consonant phoneme lessons and is designed to include everything you need to explicitly teach the oy phoneme with Grade 1, 2 or 3 students.
This PowerPoint is also included in a bundle with the other diphthong /ow/.
Each Powerpoint contains a learning progression that includes:
- Introduction to metalanguage (including phoneme, grapheme, digraph, split digraph, trigraph, quadgraph, long vowel, short vowel)
- Interactive activities (spin a sound, thumbs up/thumbs down, which spelling looks correct?)
- Word blending using all the main spelling options for the /oy/ phoneme
- Find the pattern- discover when to use different /oy/ graphemes
- High-frequency heart word focus
- Decodable sentences (using the target phoneme and high-frequency words)
- Find the missing sound- select the correct grapheme choice
- Phoneme Boxes- segmenting words into each sound
- Trash or Treasure- real and nonsense decodable words
- Sentence Doctor- edit the sentences to fix the spelling mistakes
These slideshows can be inserted into any synthetic phonics program. You can cut/paste slides to suit your lesson needs. Each slideshow is designed to be used over a few weeks to introduce, teach and reinforce each set of sounds. Students use whiteboards to record sounds, words and sentences and more.
There is a hyperlinked Contents Slide which helps you to easily navigate to each section. Each slide also contains a Home button to return you to the Contents.
The following activities also contain editable blank slides for you to create your own additional slides: