This powerpoint will help you to teach phonics for consonant sounds through the use of interactive phonics activities. This r sound phonics lesson powerpoint will help to show you how to teach phonics step by step for the r phoneme.
Over 500 slides are included with a range of phonics activities with r sound words and sentences including words with r words. It will help to support your consonant phoneme lessons and is designed to include include everything you need to explicitly teach the r phoneme with Year 1, 2 or 3 students.
This PowerPoint is also included in a bundle with other consonant phonemes.
Each Powerpoint contains a learning progression that includes:
- Introduction to metalanguage (including phoneme, grapheme, digraph, split digraph, trigraph, quadgraph, long vowel, short vowel)
- Interactive activities (spin a sound, thumbs up/thumbs down, which spelling looks correct?)
- Word blending using all the main spelling options for the /r/ phoneme
- Find the pattern- discover when to use different /r/ graphemes
- High-frequency word focus (heart words)
- Decodable sentences (using the target phoneme and high-frequency words)
- Find the missing sound- select the correct grapheme choice
- Phoneme Boxes- segmenting words into each sound
- Trash or Treasure- real and nonsense decodable words
- Sentence Doctor- edit the sentences to fix the spelling mistakes
These slideshows can be inserted into any synthetic phonics program. You can cut/paste slides to suit your lesson needs. Each slideshow is designed to be used over a few weeks to introduce, teach and reinforce each set of sounds. Students use whiteboards to record sounds, words and sentences and more.
For more information on how to use these PowerPoints, download your free copy of thePhonics & Beeyond handbook.